telecomHall.com | Hunter Blog | Tips Blog | Course Blog | Groups

Ericsson 2G CNAIv2 OSS Parameters Dump Parser

Dear members.

Following my earlier post about the Hunter Free Tools Initiative, we are starting with the Ericsson 2G parser. The name of parsers is Boda.

Boda parsers are written in Java and distributed as “.jar” files. The easiest way to run a jar file in Windows,is to use the command prompt. (To run the command prompt, look for “cmd.exe”). The parsers can be used on other platforms that have java installed besides Windows. This write up focuses on Windows as it is the currently supported platform for the Hunter tools.

Note: This specific post is for Ericsson 2G issues only. If you have questions regarding other Vendor/RAT, either find another topic or create a new topic - if not already created.

Below are the necessary procdures to obtain an Ericsson CNAI dump and parse it. Enjoy!

==================================================================================

Step by step procedure to download and configure Hunter Boda Ericsson 2G (CNAIv2 TXT) parser

1. Click the link below and download boda parser to an appropriate folder in your computer.
    Tip: follow Hunter suggested structure, so it will be easier to organize future parser versions, and also other parsers for other RATs. Download link: boda-ericssoncnaiparser.zip (6.3 KB)

2. The Hunter Structure starts with a “Hunter” base folder. Then, a subfolder for “Boda”. In the Boda folder, create a folder for this parser (“Ericsson 2G”). And finally, the module folders: “Scripts”, “Output” and “Data”.

3. So, for now, following the Hunter Folder Structure, download BODA Parser “boda-ericssoncnaiparser.jar” to “C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Scripts”

Step by step procedure to download Ericsson 2G Configuration Parameters File (CNAIv2 TXT) from OSS

Now, let’s obtain the raw dump CM file.

1. Log in into Ericsson OSS via Citrix.

2. Launch Terminal: Launch -> Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal

3. Run CNAI version 2 command: > cnai export valid -i > YourFileName.txt (Change YourFileName properly). (This command will export All Ericsson 2G parameters to a file. To see where this file is stored, you can run ‘pwd’ command and check current directory.)

4. Using any FTP Client program (such as Filezilla), download the file from OSS to your computer.

5. Following the Hunter Folder Structure, download the file to “C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data<aammdd>”. You can modify “” to anything you want - just make sure that it can be easy for you to find it later.

Step by step procedure to parse (process/extract) Ericsson 2G Configuration Parameters

With the raw dump file downloaded, let’s extract the Parameters.

1. First, check if the downloaded files are compressed (ZIP, RAR, 7-z, GZ, etc…). If so, uncompress it using any Compress/Uncompress utility such as Winzip, Winrar or 7-zip.

2. We need to run a command. It is best practice to create a auxiliary text file, to store/modify the command.
    Under the Scripts folder, create a file called “ericsson_2g_cnaiv2_usage.txt” to contain the command.
    Adjust the command based on usage:

3. Run it, and wait to finish.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you run the command on ONE LINE ONLY (not on separate lines).

1. Done

All your parameters are extracted into CSV files - that can be opened using any text editor such as Microsoft Excel or Access.

Example

java -jar C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Scripts\boda-ericssoncnaiparser.jar C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data\example_data_subfolder\example_cm_file.txt C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\OThis text will be hiddenutput\example_output_subfolder\

Where

• “C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data\example_data_subfolder” is the folder where you have your dump file;
  • “example_cm_file.txt” is your dump file;
  • “C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Output\example_output_subfolder” is the folder where all CSV files will be created.

For a more detailed example, please check this topic: General instructions for using the CM parsers to process any network dump

==================================================================================

That’s it!

Hope you all find this useful.

Help us by inviting friends to the community, giving suggestions/feedback and of course submitting any issues you may find.

Let’s build a totally new Telecom/IT Global Community.

BR,
Emmanuel.

Free Parser for 3GPP TS 132 615 Bulk CM XML files

Hi @Emmanuel

First of all thank you for excellent work.
When I run the command give me the following message.
Please, can you help?
Thanks,
CS

Hi @CSilva,

You need to have Java installed on your system. You can download it from https://java.com/en/download/ .

I missed this out in the instructions; sorry about that.

Let me know if you succeed running the parser after you have installed Java.

BR,
Emmanuel

Hi @Emmanuel,

Thanks for your help.
Now the messange is:

BR,
CS

Hi @CSilva,

The commands should all be on the same line like shown below.
java -jar boda-ericssoncnaiparser.jar cnai_dump_file.txt output_directory

From the screenshot you have attached I see you ran the cnai dump file and and output directory as separate commands. You should run it all on one line like shown below.

java -jar C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Scripts\boda-ericssoncnaiparser.jar C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data\Dumps\2G_parameters.txt C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Output\Ericsson\

I have added a boda-ericssoncnaiparser.bat file that simplifies running the parser. It also checks if java is installed before starting the parser.If Java is not installed, it points you to the download page.

To run the parser, follow the earlier instructions. Make sure to include the .bat file in the location where you copied the parser.
boda-ericssoncnaiparser.bat cnai_dump_file.txt output_directory

Example:

C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Scripts\boda-ericssoncnaiparser.bat C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data\example_data_subfolder\example_cm_file.txt C:\HUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\OThis text will be hiddenutput\example_output_subfolder\

boda-ericssoncnaiparser.zip (6.0 KB)

Let me know if you succeed in running it.

BR,
Emmanuel

Hi @Emmanuel,

I run one by one line and I return this:

BR,
CS

Hi @CSilva,

You have the same issue as before. You should run on one line not one by one line. See screenshot below.

BR,
Emmanuel

Hi @Emmanuel

Done very fast.
Many thanks for your help.
Great job.

BR,
CS

Dear

When i run the command for 2G , there is no output for in folder and the execution command shape is not same what you have .

Hi @aso,

This does not look like a cnai dump. It is an eaw printout, right ?

This parser only processes cnai dumps. We will release an eaw printout parser soon.

BR,
Emmanuel

Hi Emanneul

So far the dump set by Operation team , iam not sure , will check . And when expected the date of release of ewa tool parser.
BR
Ado

Hi @aso,

We will release a version next week.

BR,
Emmanuel

Hi.

I have the next issue:

The tool says that the parsing is completed, but when i look at the output folder, i’ts empty.

I type it like this: java -jar C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Scripts\boda-ericssoncnaiparser.jar C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data\R9_EXPORT\R9_CNAI_all_20170605.txt C:\Hunter\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Output\

BR

Hi @Daniel_V,

You are running the command the right way. Can you share a copy of your cnai dump so that we can test.

BR,
@Emmanuel

Hello @Daniel_V

Seems you’re running command “CNAI” instead of “CNAI v2”.

Hi,
Tested on GSM Ericsson - works great! ( then i use CNAI v2 export)
11k gsm cells :PARSING COMPLETED:
Total time: 2 minutes 56 seconds 56 milliseconds

Hi all,

A new version of the parser has been released. It fixes some issues around column misalignment and missing MOs. Everyone is strongly advised to download and use the new parser. Also, note that the old parser will/may not work after 1st August :). This we did so that members can get access to the new features and bug fixes.

@Daniel_V, will release a version for cnai soon and will communicate when it’s ready.

Otherwise, enjoy and let us know if you run into any issues.

Emmanuel

Hello Dears,
Could you please support me for this below listed Error.
Thank you in Advance.

ERROR:D:\ERICSSON\2GHUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data (Access is denied)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\ERICSSON\2GHUNTER\Boda\Ericsson_2G\Data (Acces
s is denied)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileReader.(Unknown Source)
at com.bodastage.boda_ericssoncnaiparser.BodaCNAIParser.main(BodaCNAIPar
ser.java:169)

Hi @Giga_Tsiskaridze,

I have updated the parser. Scroll up to the original post and download the new version. All should be fine now. Let me know if you get the same error again.

BR,
Emmanuel