CrsGain & PDSCHTypeB Gain in Ericsson

Dear Experts,

Generally speaking we have the concept of Pa and Pb in Huawei and Nokia. In Ericsson the parameters related are CrsGain & PDSCHTypeB Gain. Are they exactly the same as Pa and Pb in Huawei or there is some difference in implementation?Thanks!

CrsGain
"Sets the DL power of the Cell specific Reference Signal (CRS) relatively a reference level defined by the power of the PDSCH type A resource elements. If crsGain is +3dB, the CRS power is 3dB higher than that of a PDSCH type A resource element.

The settings crsGain=4.77db and 6dB are mapped to 3dB. These settings are not supported.

PDSCH type A resource elements are located in symbols that do not contain CRS."

PDSCHTypeBGain
"Sets the DL power of the PDSCH type B resource elements relatively the PDSCH type A resource elements. Values pdschTypeBGain=(0,1,2,3) define the gains (5/4,1,3/4,1/2) respectively, corresponding to the multi-antenna scenario specified in 3GPP TS 36.213.

Example: If the pdschTypeBGain is 3 (gain=1/2), the power of the PDSCH type B resource elements is a factor 1/ 2 of the power of the PDSCH type A resource elements.

PDSDH type A resource elements are located in symbols that do not contain cell specific reference signals (CRS). PDSCH type B resource elements are located in symbols that contain CRS."

Admin note: this post was updated with image below.
Pa and Pb constant and relation with CRSgain and pdschTypeBGain

As we’re talking about CRSGAIN, i would like to know the value of CRSGAIN Per BW.
Is there any calculation per BW and POWER that we set?
For example CRSGAIN of 20 MHz, Power 80 W and 2x2 MIMO.

It will be based on reference signal power set per port.

This is a new parameter for me (crs gain). Only crs power.
mMIMO gain or mimo gain generally i have seen.

In Ericsson there is a crsgain parameter. It’s like a boost/deboost of CRS Power.

1 Like

Ok thanks, got it.
It’s like dlboost parameter where rs power can be boosted/deboosted.

thank you so much it is helpful .

Does CRSgain change result any cell reset/restart? Can we implement in normal traffic hours?

It requires Lock/Unlock

modifying crsGain & pdschTypeBGain (MO EutranCellFDD) to take effect you have to LOCK/UNLOCK the cell.

1 Like

The settings crsGain=4.77db and 6dB are mapped to 3dB. These settings are not supported.…What does that mean?

Can’t we have the CRS boosting of 6 dB in Ericsson?

which plz value for deboost power ? it’s crsgain=-3db for boosting or deboosting?
thxs

No, nothing more than 3 dB.

I think you can… but need another parameters no enable it.

To set crsGain = 4.77 dB and 6 dB, below parameter need to set to true:

adjustCrsPowerEnhEnabled = true

This has been introduced since after SW Release 21.Q3 as CRS Power Boost Enhancement.

In earlier Sw Releases it may not be possible.